The Dentists at Sidney Harbour
Dr. Nathan Muirhead
Dr. Nathan Muirhead moved his family to Victoria from Lethbridge, Alberta in 2011, where he had already practiced dentistry for five years. Early in life, Nathan decided to be a dentist, and began shadowing dentists in his community back in 1992. Beyond his shared enthusiasm for general dentistry, Dr. Muirhead brings a range of unique services to the clinic. He provides a comprehensive range of Orthodontic treatments starting from early childhood to fully grown adults—without surgery or headgear. He also offers Snoring and Sleep Apnea treatments using low profile sleep appliances that improve the lives of many a patient and their families. Treating chronic pain patients suffering from headaches and TMJ/TMD is his passion. He has performed nearly every type of cosmetic and implant rehabilitation conceived by the profession.
Nearly 20 years ago, Dr. Muirhead was married to his sweetheart and they are the proud parents of five children (four boys and one girl with very curly hair). When Dr. Muirhead isn’t curled up with various books, he likes to stand-up paddleboard, motorcycle, go hiking, walk the family dog and volunteer in youth organizations. He recently returned from a service mission trip to orphanages in Cusco, Peru with his oldest son, and hopes to return soon with other sons. He enjoys scuba diving and is a technology enthusiast, with a borderline obsession for a boardgame called Catan.
Dr. Muirhead has rigorously and passionately pursued continuing education in the following areas of IV Sedation, Orthodontics, TMJ/TMD, Snoring and Sleep Apnea, Prosthodontics and Implants. He will only take courses that require significant investments of time and study from dentists or physicians with expert qualifications in their fields of study.
Most importantly, Dr. Muirhead has put the training into day-to-day use with his dental team to benefit patients.
Prosthodontics, Implants and Oral Surgery
- Temple University Implant Prosthetic Program Graduate
- Dr. Carl Misch Implant Institute – Prosthodontic Continuum Graduate
- Dr. Michael Pikos Implant Institute – CT Diagnosis, Advanced Bone Grafting I and II
- Dr. Steven Bongard – All-On-4, Teeth in a Day Denture Replacement
- Dr. Bedrossian– All-On-4 Teeth in a Day Implant Treatment Planning for the Edentulous Patient
- International Association of Orthodontics
- Dr. Brock Rondeau–Level 1 Orthodontic 4 Session Program Graduate
- Powerprox Six Month Braces with Dr. Rick DePaul
- Powerprox Six Month Braces Masters Labial Braces
- Powerprox Six Month Braces Masters Lingual Braces
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain –Phase II TMJ Orthodontic Treatment Mini-Residency Graduate
- Invisalign Certifications
TMJ/TMD and Craniofacial Pain
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain – Canadian Chapter
- Dr. Jim Beck –Optimal Dental Physiology/ DENTA4 Graduate in Airway, Jaw Joint Muscles and Teeth for Full Mouth Reconstruction Multi-Session
- Dr. Stephan Phelan –Full Mouth Reconstruction and Advanced Techniques in Aesthetic Dentistry and Occlusion
- Dr. Brock Rondeau –TMJ in Orthodontics
- Dr. Dennis Brenkert and Dr. Gerald Murphy –Phase II TMJ Orthodontic Treament Mini-Residency Graduate
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dr. Glen VanAs– Laser Certification and Hands On
- Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics Botox Graduate
Snoring, Sleep Apnea and Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine Member
- Dr. Brian Allman – Elite Dental Institute: Dental Sleep Medicine Graduate
- Dr. Bryan Keropian – Full Breath Appliance: Dental Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Alan Lowe – Several Lectures in Vancouver and Minneapolis Sleep Conference
- Dr. John Remmers – Foothills Hospital Sleep Clinic Hands On Training
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine Conference – 4 Days with Dr.s’ Alan Lowe, Jonathan Parker, Gail Demko, Kathleen Bennett and others
Dr. Katja McBee
I’m excited to be back on Vancouver Island after moving to Vancouver
for school. BC born and raised, I’ve lived in Victoria since the first
grade and truly consider myself an “island girl”. I love to travel and
I truly believe we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
I’m always interested in a new hiking trail or outdoor adventure. I
recently learned how to scuba dive so now there’s even more for me to
explore. The water is cold but apparently we have some world-renowned
diving sites and I’m eager to start checking them out.
Before dental school, I received a bachelor’s degree in microbiology
at UVic. I was drawn to dentistry for a number or reasons but
primarily from my own experiences with dentists. Even as a kid, I’ve
always liked going to the dentist but I know that isn’t the case for
many people. It’s unfortunate because so many problems can be
prevented with regular dental care. During school, I was fortunate to
be able to go on an annual volunteer trip to provide dental services
for underserved areas. It was hugely rewarding but also reinforced
how important dentistry is to your overall health and wellbeing. My
goal is not only to provide you with excellent care but to make sure
that you’re as comfortable as possible. It might sound cheesy, but I
want you to enjoy coming to the dentist too!
Once again, I’m truly excited to be back on Vancouver island and
working with such a great team. I look forward to meeting new patients
and working together to achieve awesome results!
So happy with the level of service we received yesterday. Everyone was super nice and communicated clearly with what was being done and what needed to be done. They were also flexible, working with what appointment days and times best suited our hectic schedule. We are so grateful!
- Carrie Wheeler