All-On-4 Implants in Sidney, BC
The health and overall appearance of your teeth can begin to decline with time, leading to pain, missing teeth, and other issues impacting how you feel about your smile. Missing teeth are embarrassing and cause you to try to hide your smile in photos and social situations. Advancements in dental implant technology has led to comfortable, affordable dental implants that can improve the look of your smile without a difficult recovery or painful surgery.
First developed in the 1990s, the All-on-4 dental implant treatment replaces failing teeth or existing dentures with beautiful dental implants. The All-on-4 dental treatment avoids bone grafting and multiple surgeries, painlessly improving your smile in one session. Dr. Muirhead has extensive experience with the procedure and has performed many All-on-4 dental implant procedures.
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants are intended for men and women who struggle with serious dental issues. If you’ve been considering All-on-4 dental implants, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Muirhead and the team at Sidney Harbour Dental will help you resolve serious dental problems, including:
- Missing all or some of the teeth on your top jaw, bottom jaw, or both
- Embarrassment or lowered self-esteem due to missing or unhealthy teeth
- Pain or other medical conditions as a result of declining oral health
- Avoiding pictures or other situations where a smile is appropriate
- You have dentures, and are tired of the daily routine
- Candidates for All-on-4 implants should also be seeking a permanent, natural-looking solution for their teeth or an alternative to dentures or other treatments.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ALL-ON-FOUR IMPLANTS:
HOW ARE ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS DIFFERENT FROM TRADITIONAL IMPLANTS?
The basic concept for All-on-4 Dental implants and traditional implants is the same:
- Small titanium posts are embedded into the upper or lower jaw.
- The bone grows back around them, so they become the “roots” for the replacement teeth that will be fitted onto them.The differences can be substantial, however:
- All-on-4 are so named because only four implants are needed for even an entire bridge of new upper or lower teeth; whereas six to eight implants are needed to support an entire bridge when traditional implants are used.
- Because of the number of posts required for traditional implants, bone grafting may be needed to ensure the bone in the jaw(s) is strong enough and that there is enough of it to accommodate all of them.
- Sinus augmentation may also be needed for traditional implants. This is a surgical procedure in which bone is added between the jaw and the sinuses (spaces) on either side of nose.
- Because only four posts are need for All-on-4s, as well as where they are placed in the jaw, All-on-4 implants never require either bone grafting or sinus augmentation. This greatly reduces not only the pain and expense but the time, from start to finish, of the entire implant procedure, since the addition of the bone requires additional healing time.
So happy with the level of service we received yesterday. Everyone was super nice and communicated clearly with what was being done and what needed to be done. They were also flexible, working with what appointment days and times best suited our hectic schedule. We are so grateful!
- Carrie Wheeler