Dental Services at Sidney Dental
Getting Started – Dental Exam
Beginning with an extensive comprehensive exam, we use a health-based model to assess your relative risk to various oral health issues including cavities, periodontal disease, function and bite problems, as well as esthetics. We then align your concerns, wants, and needs with the diagnostic information that we have collected to establish the best treatment approach for you.
We utilize digital radiographs and personalized home care strategies to attain the best preventive results possible.
Dental exam services include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease with a complete periodontal charting
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments
- Examination of existing restorations: all current fillings, crowns/onlays will be evaluated for sound structure
So happy with the level of service we received yesterday. Everyone was super nice and communicated clearly with what was being done and what needed to be done. They were also flexible, working with what appointment days and times best suited our hectic schedule. We are so grateful!
- Carrie Wheeler